Due to it’s extremely low read noise, the Hypercam 294C is suitable for both long exposure deep sky and fast video style solar system imaging with ROI, as well as any frame stacking and averaging, for example in microscopy or video astronomy.
Thermoelectric cooling significantly reduces thermal noise. A sealed chamber, and desiccant system with heated optical window make the camera suitable for humid laboratory or outdoor environments.
The 11.6mp Sony IMX294 is a 4/3rds sensor (23.2mm diagonal) capable of 14bit depth. With Back Side Illuminated (BSI), STARVIS, and Exmor-R ratings, performance is excellent in low light imaging applications such as astronomy and high resolution low-light microscopy, or any form of imaging under low light conditions.
The PRO TEC COOLED Version has the following features:
- Thermoelectric Cooling (TEC) max -45C below ambient temperature*
- Temperature sensor, with data available in real-time.
- Heated optical window to prevent dewing and fogging.
- Replaceable, rechargeable desiccant cartridge.
- Armoured case.
- Two extra USB2.0 ports and internal USB2.0 hub to connect filter wheel and guide camera.
- ROI (Region of Interest).
- Amp glow reduction.
- * Separate 12v power supply included to power TEC with choice of USA, EU or UK Plug socket.