Hypercam 183C PRO TEC Cooled Colour Camera
Where to buy:
The Hypercam 183 PRO TEC Cooled camera is the next step when it comes to astro-imaging, with the 20mp Sony IMX183 sensor, amp glow reduction and high sensitivity, for extremely smooth, detailed images.
The 183 series has a very high pixel density, fitting 20 megapixels within a C-Mount or small telescope aperture, making it very suitable for short focal length refractors, camera lenses, and high numerical aperture / low power microscope objectives. This camera is sensitive to UV and IR light making it suitable for scientific applications, and a separate UVIR blocking filter is available.
The IMX183 is one of the most sensitive Back Side Illuminated BSI sensors available. Low read noise makes it suitable for both deepsky and solar system imaging with ROI as well as low light fluorescence microscopy and video astronomy or EAA involving image stacking. The Hypercam 183 series excels in any application where higher senstivity, and better signal to noise performance is required. The addition of TEC set-point cooling is particularly beneficial for long exposure imaging and image calibration.
The PRO TEC COOLED Version has the following features:
- 4GB DDR3 RAM Memory Buffer for smoothest performance with mini-PCs
- Thermoelectric Cooling (TEC) max -45C below ambient temperature*
- Temperature sensor, with data available in real-time.
- Heated optical window to prevent dewing and fogging.
- Replaceable, rechargeable desiccant cartridge.
- Two extra USB2.0 ports and internal USB2.0 hub to connect filter wheel and guide camera.
- ROI (Region of Interest) for cropped higher speed solar, lunar and planetary imaging.
- 4K Mode 4096×2160 at up to 42fps
- Amp glow reduction.
- * Includes a separate 12v power supply to power TEC with choice of USA, EU or UK Plug socket.
|Sensor Protection Window|
|Full Well Capacity|
|Max Frame Rate|
|Region Of Interest Roi|