Before you submit a technical support ticket, you can run a Diagnostic for faster service:
1) Install AltairCapture from www.altairastro.help/downloads
2) Connect camera with USB cord. Please do not use any USB hub or 3rd party power supply to run the diagnose it’s better to use 1.8m USB3.0 provided or 3m USB2.0 cable.
3) Click on Camera name top left-hand side of screen to activate it:
4) If camera is a Hypercam TEC model, then follow steps 5 onwards, if Fan-Cooled Hypercam or GPCAM, then go to step 8.
5) TEC Cameras: Connect 12v Altair power supply to TEC 12v port:
6) Switch on TEC Cooling in AltairCapture and set target to 0C. The camera cooling Fan should start running:
7) Check temperature readout on righthand lower screen corner – it should decrease gradually to approx. 0C:
8) Go to About > Diagnose, click “Copy”. Past text into support ticket, or open Notepad in Windows, paste text (Control + V Keys) into Notepad, and save the .TXT file. Be sure to include your order number order number and fault description in the new support ticket: